[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
SoS-Board • View topic - Timeline

SoS-Board

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Timeline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:13 am 
Site Admin

In this thread we will discuss the timeline of the game, thus things which happen independent of the doing of the player. A large part will be about the tournament itself; winner of vs.-Battles will be bold
If you think about events please try to make them conform with this timeline. F stands for fighting (unacessable) girls that day.
EDIT: Changed Opening Ceremony to day 0 since fireworks on daytime look boring.

Day 00: you arrive at the island, opening ceremony
Day 01: tournament starts with preliminaries, F: Misty (vs. Wattson)
Day 02: F: Cynthia (vs. Burgh), Platinum (vs. Youngster Joey)
Day 03: F: Sapphire (vs. ?), Iris (vs. ?)
Day 04: F: Chuu (vs. ?)
Day 05: F: Misty (vs. ?)
Day 06: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. Bianca)
Day 07: F: Sapphire (vs. ?), Iris (vs. ?)
Day 08: Chuu (vs. ?)
Day 09: F: Misty (vs. Clay)
Day 10: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. ?)
Day 11: F: Sapphire (vs. ?), Iris (vs. ?), Chuu (vs. ?)
Day 12: Chuu (vs. Silver)
Day 13: F: Misty (vs. Erica), Cynthia (vs. ?), Sapphire (vs. Janine), Iris (vs. ?)
Day 14: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Sapphire (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. ?) [yes, 2 times], Iris (vs. ?)
Day 15: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Sapphire (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. ?), Iris (vs. ?)
Day 16: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Sapphire (vs. ?), Platinum (vs. ?), Iris (vs. ?)
Day 17: F: Cynthia (vs. ?), Sapphire (vs. Steven Stone), Iris (vs. ?); end of preliminaries, festival for the finalists
Day 18: time to sit back and relax
Day 19: round of 16 (Red vs. Sapphire, Lance vs. ?)
Day 20: round of 16 (Fights 3 & 4)
Day 21: round of 16 (? vs. Steven Stone, Fight 6)
Day 22: round of 16 (Cynthia vs. ?, Fight 8)
Day 23: quater final I (Red vs. Lance)
Day 24: quater final II
Day 25: quater final III (? vs. Steven Stone)
Day 26: quater final IV (Cynthia vs. ?)
Day 27: semi finale I (Red vs. ?)
Day 28: semi finale II (Steven Stone vs. Cynthia)
Day 29: 3rd place (? vs. Cynthia)
Day 30: final battle (Red vs. Steven Stone), end of the tournament
Day 31: victory celebration, epiloge

It is indeed coincidence that Misty, Cynthia and Sapphire fight a day after each other in the preliminaries.

That's what I thought of so far. The fights can be changed, but I want the first three places with Red, Steven and Cynthia.

Last edited by Author on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chuu added

Post subject: Tournament Groups
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

For extendability we save up space for upcoming attendants, so we take a fixed value of 400 participants and hope there will never be more Pokemon characters who would like to attend such an event :)

I came up with 200 because I thought of the following system: battling more than 10 rivals in this 18 days before the finals would be kinda exhausting, but with 16 groups (like in soccer world championship) we would have at most 160 participants. That seemed kinda small to me, but it would be a backup plan. My idea was we have 8 groups of 25 people, but with 5 people in a subgroup. All people in a subgroup battle each other and the one with most wins goes up to the "main" group, all others are out. Now the winners of the five subgroups battle against each other in the second phase and the two with most wins go into the finals. So we have 8 fights for each participant (who won the first phase) – which holds a nice similarity to the 8 gym leaders – and 60 fights per group, making 480 fights during the preliminaries and thus 26 to 27 fights per day. Judging fom the anime, a fight would hardly go 20 minutes in average (depending on the rules) and with two fights simultaneously and 45 minutes advertisement in general we would get 5.5 hours of entertainment each day. Sounds reasonable to me.

Now I post the groups as far as I had (randomly) planned them yet. A "!" before a person means he/she is the winner of the subgroup and a "(1.)" or "(2.)" means he/she is the first or second in the group respectively. And indeed there are "empty" cells ranging from 1Aa to 8Ee, where the number indicates the group, the capital letter the subgroup and the small letter the position within.

Group 1:

Group 2:

Group 3:

Group 4:

Group 5:

Group 6:

Group 7:

Group 8:

For better planning we may increase the daily fights, then we have 16 days of fights, maybe seventeen when we make a break between first and second phase
Timing of the fights (planned in that way no trainer has two fight two times a day during phase one):
1. day: 1Aa vs. 1Ab & 2Aa vs. 2Ab, 1Ba vs. 1Bb & 2Ba vs. 2Bb, etc., 1Ac vs. 1Ad & 2Ac vs. 2Ad, etc., 3Aa vs. 3Ab & 4Aa vs. 4Ab, etc. (30 fights)
2. day: 3Ac vs. 3Ad & 4Ac vs. 4Ad, etc., 3Aa vs. 3Ae & 4Aa vs. 4Ae, etc., 5Aa vs. 5Ab & 6Aa vs. 6Ab, etc.
3. day: 5Ac vs. 5Ad & 6Ac vs. 6Ad, etc., 5Aa vs. 5Ae & 6Aa vs. 6Ae, etc., 7Aa vs. 7Ab & 8Aa vs. 8Ab, etc.
4. day: 7Ac vs. 7Ad & 8Ac vs. 8Ad, etc., 7Aa vs. 7Ae & 8Aa vs. 8Ae, etc., 1Aa vs. 1Ae & 2Aa vs. 2Ae, etc.,
combinations ab, cd, ae in every subgroup done
5. - 8. day: same scheme with bd, ce, ad
9. - 12. day: same scheme with be, ac, de
13. day: 1Ab vs. 1Ac & 2Ab vs. 2Ac, etc., 3Ab vs. 3Ac & 4Ab vs. 4Ac, etc., 5Ab vs. 5Ac & 6Ab vs. 6Ac, etc., 7Ab vs. 7Ac & 8Ab vs. 8Ac, etc. (40 fights) + end of first round
Winner of subgroubs will be denote by simply leaving the small letter
14. day: 1A vs. 1B & 2A vs. 2B, 3A vs. 3B & 4A vs. 4B, etc. until & 8A vs. 8B, the same again with C vs. D, then A vs. E (32 fights)
15. day: B vs. D, C vs. E, A vs. D
16. day: B vs. E, A vs. C, D vs. E
17. day: B vs. C (8 fights) + end of second phase and preliminaries
18. day: calm day and reeeeeelaaaaaaax

The finals are hold as following (where N.1 and N.2 stand for first or second winner of group N respectively) (read this columnwise too)

The winners of the fights standing directly under each other will fight in the quarter finals, then the two winners of a column in the semi finale and the two winners of this in the finale after third place was found out.
With this, the finals are as "predicted" in the first post

Last edited by Author on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chuu added

Post subject: Re: Timeline
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

since Platinum will be one of the next characters, I added her (4Ad) to the tournament. She doesn't make it to the finals, I mean, Wallace, Alder and Bruno are in her Group (and Youngster Joey), what would you expect?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

I've added Iris, because I've just traced her (w/o emotions). She is the champion of her subgroup, nevertheless she won't become a finalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Added Chuu to the tournament in that way, that the first days there's always one datable character occupied with the tournament. Chuu won't make it through round 1.