SoS-Board

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dating
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Dating is not completely worked out yet. On a date, your Girl's mood is in the range of 0 and 1 and the player's aim is to get her mood to 1 minus epsilon. How to? Well, the protagonist can
  1. talk, up to three times max I guess, after that it would be generally possible (not like in Sim Girls), but it would reduce the mood again (we could also adjust the upper bound for each girl)
  2. play FAQ, right answers will increase the mood, wrong will decrease it
  3. give a gift, one is nice, two or more seems to be to much for the girl and thus would reduce her mood (mood points should depend on gift and girl (and location?))
    (and before I forget, for the gift here no cp will be given)
  4. take a photo (maybe he has to buy the camera first?), a second one could be possible before it starts to creep her out and I would like to depend the mood points for a photo on the skill level of the protagonist
  5. kiss; not to improve the mood but to end the date successful

We have just to terminate how many mood points will be given. It could also depend on how "much" mood the girl has right now, or how much is missing etc.
In addition, I don't want to use the charmfactor here. Since the both characters can have date, the players charm sure is not 0. On the other side, when the player recieve exp for a successful date, the charmfactor will be used. So, lets just say the girl expects "more" from a guy who was already charmant.

Also, how much exp to recieve? I would suggest if this would be x, the player gets mood^3 times x exp when leaving the scene (that would, if he tries hard, lead to negative exp from a date, which seems appropiate).

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Almost forgot, we also have different locations. Where are the differences? Different mood starts? Expensive or not (and why would it be so?)?

Pokémon Dating Sim Version 1.0 Alpha

Last edited by Author on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prefix added

Post subject: Re: Dating
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:45 pm 

Again a List
  1. nothing to complain here so lets move on
  2. Question we as the Char Writers decide? not just their Maesurements and other stuff like first kiss(succesful date)?
  3. also agreed here, though it depends on what... nope you're right. but flowers should go seperate
  4. also in agreement but about further fotos: lets make it dependent on the location: fancy Retaurant: CREEEP. Beach: Some are okay. SECRET Beach: NEVER STOP THE CAMERA!!!! that is A) realistic and B) a Bonus for secret Places.
  5. Kiss end Date. nuff said

and about your Math: nope negativ is impossible due to all non negativ values. or you missed a minus somewhere in there.

and about locations: as mentioned it is less creepie to make pictures at the beach then in a restaurant.
also there should be some kind of Location specific event for each loction like Beach volleyball or sand castle building at the Beach,
order dinner or use the right -ing Knifes Spoons and Forks at the restaurant,
Trekking or Climbing or *cough* Virigin Sacrifices *cough* at the "Mountain"

you are atrocious when only your family stands by your side,
but you are a monster in the moment you think it yourself

Post subject: Re: Dating
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Myrrhion wrote:
Question we as the Char Writers decide? not just their Maesurements and other stuff like first kiss(succesful date)?

There is a list of default questions who just need to formalized IC, here.

Myrrhion wrote:
but about further fotos: lets make it dependent on the location: fancy Retaurant: CREEEP. Beach: Some are okay. SECRET Beach: NEVER STOP THE CAMERA!!!! that is A) realistic and B) a Bonus for secret Places.

Kind of want. The s.beach should allow 2, max 3; it main dating purpose is the characters start with a higher mood.

Myrrhion wrote:
and about your Math: nope negativ is impossible due to all non negativ values. or you missed a minus somewhere in there.

For negatives the effect of actions will be halfed and the mood starts with 0.5. Then, when end mood is x, it goes (x-0.5)^3. I just didn't wrote that thought out.

Pokémon Dating Sim Version 1.0 Alpha