[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
SoS-Board • View topic - Cynthia

SoS-Board

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cynthia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:15 am 

Um, the message panel said I couldn't reply to your message and I thought I sent you one on TPC but I don't know if that got through, so I was wondering;

Is Cynthia still open to write (and in the game)?

Last edited by Author on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prefix added

Post subject: Re: Cynthia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:05 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am 
Site Admin

This is great, really! :D
And I'm not mad for the waiting, I'm far more pleased by the results! (This obviously has to do something with the fact I wasn't fast enough to complete everything else in the game before you posted this :P)

It's just that my template isn't that up to date anymore, so there are still lines missing (against due to my not-lazy-but-also-not-fast-enough work).

But first some comments on what you've written. I'm so pleased because one can easy see that these lines fit well together, so even if I can't judge the ICness (have to trust you here), it is certainly someone with a certain character. I have to admit I was surprised a little bit too, I expected Cynthia to be a little more pushing (like Erza from Fairy Tail). But well, I'm satisfied and copied most of the lines into the script with only some minor changes. (The biggest one would be that I pointed out "ONLY beach".) Some lines where not copied, following:

> "Are you new to the island?"
That goes for pretty much everyone on the island.
> "My name is Cynthia, I'm a Pokemon Trainer."
Girls are supposed to say that when they become a New Friend to the Protagonist.
> "Have you seen the mountain?"
Since she is met there, that's a little bit unneccessary.
> "I'd like to explore that mountain sometime..."
As said, she is to be found there, so I was unsure of how to change this sentence.
> "I wonder if we'll ever face off in the tournament."
As Brock isn't in the tournament, this is a little bit off, since she should now it already.
> "Are you ready for the tournament?"
Thing is, these lines may go for other Protagonists like Red (to be inserted in the game much later).
> "I wonder if we'll have to battle in the tournament."
Slowly my comments are running out.
> "Challenging you in the tournament will be...interesting."
One could challenge the Protagonist everytime, since no trainer can escape a Pokemon fight!!1! :)
> "I'm beginning to wonder if you're suspicious of me or something..."
I'm not sure if you know that that comes after the Protagonist was asked by the girl (even when the player chose the action). I did copy that one through.

And now what we still need at the moment:
- First off, questions with possible answers, which have to be rated from 0 to 3 (as very wrong, wrong, almost right, right). As speaking lines, they will be associated with a milestone. For now only for Close Friend, I have to think about the concept a little bit more. Has to do with when questions are allowed and how much can be asked about the character. By the way, in your lines Cynthia isn't telling much of herself beside her name, that she is fighting in the tournament and comes from Sinnoh. Maybe there can be added more information, starting from Good Friend? Also her sizes would be of interest: length, mass, bust/waist/hip size, but only going into Boyfriend/Lover, of course.
- reactions when the protagonist gave a very wrong/wrong/almost right/right answer (like "What?! You stupid idiot!!", "No, that is wrong.", "Ehm, almost right I guess...", "That's right!")
- what she says when she don't want to ask the protagonist a question about herself now (like "I don't feel like questioning now.")
- what she says instead of her speaking lines when she is ready for the next milestone (from to-New-Friend to to-Lover, like "You don't seem to be a bad guy...", "Wouldn't you like to call me sometimes?", "I think I know you better know...", "Won't you take me out on a date?", "I... I think...")
- what she says when the next milestone IS accomplished (from to-New-Friend to to-BFF, like "My name is Cynthia, nice to meet you.", "My Nav-ID is 434-254-7368, please remember it", "My Birthday is the 10th of October.", "Do... do you want to be my boyfriend?", "I think... I think I {i}love{/i} you! ♥", "When I think of it, there would be something else I need...", "I'm so glad you're {i}always{/i} listening for me.") Note to-Good-Friend she should give out her cell phone number/nav ID and to-Close-Friend tell her Birthday.
- what she says when the Prota wants to do something with her but can't due to low HP, like "You seem exhausted, rest please."
- what she says when the Prota wanted to give a gift but decided otherwise, "Oh, so you joke about giving gifts?"
- when she has to decline a battle due to defeated pokemon, like "My Pokémon are defeated, sorry."
- when the protagonist is trying to kiss but they haven't yet and she doesn't want to, like "Ewww, what are you doing?!"
- same as before, but after they already kissed, like "Save it for later, sweetie."
- when prota wants to make a photo but she doesn't want yet like "Please don't take a picture of me..."

Oh, and Alpha release is on the 23.01.2013, so we should be ready three days prior

Thank you for your offer with the images, I'll come back on that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:18 am 
Site Admin